I don’t know where he is.
I don’t know how big his numbers are.
He’s everywhere. He’s nowhere.
But, he’s out there.
Give me the money to find him.
There’s a war...
I don’t know how long it will last.
I don’t know where it will take us.
I’m not even sure if I’ll be able to win it.
I don’t know how many of our own will die fighting it.
But, you’ll never be safe, unless you give me money to fight it.
You’ll have to make sacrifices if you want to be safe...
You’ll go into debt.
I won’t be able to pay for schools... or roads... or other things you might need.
But, you’ll be safe... maybe.
Just give me the money...
Don’t ask me how much...
Don’t ask me for how long...
Don’t make me accountable in any way...
Pay me and I’ll make it all go away... maybe.
Welcome to the new millenium,
welcome to the war against terrorism.
Logic need not apply.
No comments:
Post a Comment